Program Not Starting on Mac OS X
Problem: On Mac OS X the following error message is displayed “The program is damaged and can't be opened. You should move it to the Trash”.
Solution: To solve this problem, do the following:
- Open System Preferences and the “Security & Privacy” options
- Click the padlock at the bottom if it is locked
- Set “Allow applications downloaded from:” to “Anywhere”.
- Keep the System Preferences open, but go back to the Finder window
- Open MapAnalyst. It should work this time ...although you still get: “MapAnalyst is an application downloaded from the Internet. Are you sure you want to open it?” Click “Open”
- Now set “Allow applications downloaded from:” back to the default "Mac App Store and identified developers"
You won't need to do this every time you run the app. It should open fine from now on.